WJ Bradley living the American Nightmare of Homeownership

They are the worst company ever to do business with. They had a nice reviews when I entered into the loan back in 2014.

They are so crooked in their string you along loan closing process. They has all your information but one issue after another which is on their part prolongs your loan closing from a 30-40 day process to months of delays. Glad they closed them down in every state. We should sue, sue sue..

the @#!$ out of them. The loan officer quoted us one loan amount and the bank issued appraiser brought in a lower amount by over $70,000.

When I heard they had to shut the doors, I was not surprised at all. I am grateful they can not do this to any more families.

WJ Bradley and LenderLive Network need to be closed down

Montgomery,Minnesota

WJ Bradley had to sell our loan to LenderLive Network because they were told to leave the State of Minnesota. WJ Bradley and LenderLive Network never informed us our loan had been sold, law requires the homeowner be notified 15 days in advance of the loan transfer by both the lender transferring and the lender buying the loan but we never received notification from either.

We continued to make our payments to WJ and then started getting collection cakks abd notices from LenderLive who in turn reported late payments to the credit bureaus.

We sold our home to get rid of LenderLive but we are still having problems with them reporting late payments we have filed BBB complaints and MN Attorney General complaints but no one has come to our aid. We are now not able to get a conventional home loan because of WJ Bradley and LenderLive!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wj Bradley Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Crooked and illegal practices.

Comments

Dear Customer:

You currently have a mortgage loan application pending with W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital LLC (the “Company”).

We wish to advise you that on March 13, 2016, the Company ceased accepting new applications and funding mortgage loans.

As you have applied for a mortgage loan from the Company, the Company would like to inform you of the proposed next steps. Please note, due to the nature of this situation, the process and next steps are subject to change.

The Company is working to limit disruption to our customers during the wind-down of its business and operations. This includes both customers who have recently applied for a loan, and those who have received a loan approval from the Company, but whose loan has not yet funded.

The Company will be working with your loan officer in attempting to place your mortgage loan application with another mortgage lender. However, various federal and state laws require the Company to protect your privacy. Therefore, the Company must receive an authorization from you before it is legally permitted to transfer any of your personal, non-public information or data to another mortgage lender. Please work with your loan officer for information about how to transfer your loan application or file to a new lender.

The Company will do what it can to ensure a smooth transition.

If you have any questions, please reach out to your loan officer or contact us at contact@wjbradley.com. We appreciate your patience through this process.

Sincerely, W.J. Bradley Mortgage Capital LLC

Wj Bradley - Servicing website always down

Never been happy since working with them on a simple refi. The loan broker took too long for processing. Several times I requested all docs be sent to our P.O.box because we have a renter in the house. Never followed our requests. The Lenderlive servicing website is very bad. Very clunky and many times it's not available. "check back later"

Getting to the point of trying to refi again to just get away from them.

Can't even check our loan online because of their *** website.

Now we're wanting to do taxes and we have not received tax docs from them and I can't download because the website is not available.

Phone calls don't help. Promises made, no results!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wj Bradley Loan.

Reason of review: Loan servicer website .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bad experience.

Wj Bradley - Loan Review from Mayer, Minnesota

Mayer,Minnesota
Interest Rate

Dont even know where to start! DO NOT do any business with company.

They will *** in any way possible. We started our loan process in March of 2015 and didnt close till July 2015. We were waiting for house to finish being built so we had a scheduled date to close June 8th. I was was pregnant and due June 17th.

They had all our info and docs needed to send to the underwriter at the end of may but failed to do so till June 15. I had the baby June 19th and we had to be out of our townhouse be june 30. Since they pissed around and didnt do their job to get everything sent in on time, they came back to us stating they couldnt process our loan til after i returned from maternity leave. So basically we went homeless for 4 weeks.

We are now a family of 5 and had to stay eithy sister till we were able to close, which took another month to do so. I had to end my maternity leave 4 weeks early.

Finally we moved in and in one month they transfered our loan. So if you liked to be screwed in more ways than one, this is the mortgage company for you!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wj Bradley Loan.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Wj Bradley - Worst service I have ever experienced!!!

I recently got a loan through W.J. Bradley and from day one it has been a living nightmare!

First, they required me to write a letter stating the reason why I wouldn't be living in the property since we allowed the previous owner a 60 day rent back. All my documentation was supposed to be sent to my current rental property address but WJ Bradley sent it to my new home address without me even knowing that I had the mail sent there. There was important documentation about my loan. Then I find out that my loan was being sold.

I tried to make my first mortgage payment but I couldn't even do that because WJ Bradley was in the process of transferring my loan. I finally was able to make my loan payment. I thought everything was good, then at the end of this month, I start getting calls from a collection agency from the new loan holder stating that my September payment was never made! After several hours on the phone, I was told that everything is fine now but when I look at my account, the payment still was never transferred!

I'm worried that my credit will now be affected because of the incompetence of WJ Bradley.

I will never use them again based on my terrible experience! All I was told was "sometimes this happens and we are sorry"

WJ Bradley rips off buyer on VA loan

As a recent listing agent in Las Vegas, my seller and his buyer were messed with for over 6 weeks on a purchase escrow. They ignored the file until 3 days prior to closing and issued unreasonable demands to fund the loan.

The seller was forced to scrape paint and have a patio cover re-painted by a Licensed Contractor. He wanted to scrape and re-paint himself to save money, however WJ Bradley in Las Vegas demanded a Licensed Contractor. One month after closing, the contractor was never paid and the buyer had to pay 150% of the repairs and re-painting to escrow. The VA would not have allowed this to happen to their buyer, and this was concealed from the VA.

Escrow was to have paid the contractor from the 150% withheld, and the contractor said that this had to be kept outside escrow and that WJ Bradley had the money. They have refused to pay the contractor and now a VA buyer who was forced to pay 150% of repairs, will be facing a Mechanics Lien. I had heard of numerous complaints about WJ Bradley and did not want my seller to accept this buyer because of his lender.

After numerous assurances, everyone was jerked around and the Buyer filed a complaint with the VA about how he was treated. Now he will have a lien on his house after he was forced to pay WJ Bradley for the work that was done.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wj Bradley Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I've worked for WJB for 5 years we have never required a licensed contractor to do the work you speak of, who was requiring that because its wrong! I've closed 100's of VA loans with WJB and never had to do what you state above.

Wj Bradley - Delay in closing

client was advised 2 days before closing that Bradley could not close on the closing date, even though they knew of the closing date 7 weeks beforehand. Loan officer advised that 1/2 of the processors quit Bradley, resulting in delays - stay away!

Lender wanted to delay the closing from 05/27 to early June, disregarding the contract date was 05/27, and that client's seller needed to close on their purchase on 05/27 - resulting in delays for at least three parties - client, their seller and their seller's seller - parties had contractors lined up in anticipation of a 05/27 closing date, and Bradley could not perform. This company is no longer capable of efficiently processing loans.

Wj Bradley - Loan Review from Naperville, Illinois

We are also having this experience with WJ BRADLEY . I have recently checked their BBB profile and they have a A+.

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU WRITE A COMPLAINT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU . I went to our local lender and had have no problems they pointed out that WJ BRADLEY had me at a higher interest rate then what my score deserved. I will be at a 3.25 they had me at 4.25 and still kept asking for stuff to be faxed.

I've done this multiple times along with our closing being pushed back twice. I'm done with them.

WJ Bradley & Sheila Speece Ledesma - Very Unhappy with Experience

Interest Rate

I was not happy with my experience with Sheila Ledesma and WJ Bradley. My husband and I initially contacted Sheila because we received a very solid recommendation from one of our highly trusted friends. We wanted to refinance our mortgage because we wanted to make some upgrades to our home, and we knew that we had a lot of equity and that the interest rate was only minimally higher (in our opinion) than what we currently have. My husband and I both have excellent credit (high 700's, my husband even in the 800 range for some credit reporting agencies) and we knew that our debt to income ratio was in an acceptable range. We only proceeded because we knew that we had the equity, the credit, and other qualifications for the refinance to go through.

We are actually very happy with our current lender and wanted to work with them, but when we approached them, they did not recommend doing it because of the higher interest rate (even though we were willing to accept this), which is why we reached out to find another lender who would be willing to help.

Our first meeting with Sheila went very well, and we had all of the documents in hand that she told us she needed. She gave us a "best case" and a "worst case" scenario (estimate of fees and what cash we would get out) based off of her initial review of our situation. Everything seemed in line with what my husband and I were already thinking. So the next step was ordering the appraisal so that we could get an accurate view of our situation since the cash-out and fees would depend on our appraisal value.

The appraisal actually came back much higher than Sheila's "best case" scenario, and we were ecstatic. We thought that we would have more funds available to do the upgrades to our home. However, when Sheila provided us with two options (one included paying off some credit cards and closing them and the other didn't), we thought that with both options, the cash-out amount seemed a little low for the higher appraisal value that we got, so we requested a fee estimate.

When we got the fee worksheet, we were surprised to see that the fees were about double what she told us in our very first meeting. One of the fees she was charging us for was a Loan Discount for the same interest rate that she told us we would get in our first meeting. We know that Loan Discounts are supposed to be optional, and when we asked her if everything in the worksheet was required or if we could remove anything, she said that all fees were required. Sheila never said that we would have to pay for that interest rate in our first meeting (which was Nov. 17), and in fact, she told us to wait until after Black Friday (Nov. 28) because interest rates would go down and she might be able to get us a lower interest rate. When we asked her about the Loan Discount and the Black Friday "recommendation," she said that interest rates have actually gone up when in fact, we were seeing on the news and on other financial websites that interests DID indeed go down as she said they would after Black Friday.

Sheila had also told us not to pay our mortgage, which was due on Dec. 1, 2014 until we heard back from her on Nov. 28. When we did not hear back from her by 5pm on Nov. 28, we went ahead and paid our mortgage anyway. When she talked to us the following week and asked if we paid our mortgage, she seemed surprised that we did. My husband and I have NEVER had a late payment on any account we have ever had, so we did not want to start now. It seemed like she thought that we might be able to close our loan before our grace period was up for our mortgage payment, however, Sheila also told us in our first meeting that she always tries to close towards the end of the month because of the interest (and we've heard this before from other realtors and lenders). That was another reason that we wanted to pay our mortgage because there was no way that we would've made it to the end of the month because our grace period was only 2 weeks.

We were not happy with the huge discrepancies between the fee estimates we got in our first meeting with Sheila and the fee worksheet we got after the appraisal came back, so we decided not to move forward with the refinance. A couple hundred dollars difference is fine and probably to be expected, but this was a couple thousand dollars difference. As soon as we told Sheila that we were not going to move forward, she told us that she was "expecting" that response (as if she knew we weren't getting a good deal) and that we could "redeem" this. She also said that we would have to call her and talk about it over the phone because her emails were being monitored by WJ Bradley. My husband and I were in a business meeting, so we were unable to answer Sheila's phone call. Sheila then called our mutual contact (the person who recommended her) and had that person call us, and again, we were unable to answer the call. That person relayed a message to us from Sheila via text message that Sheila needed to talk to us ASAP because it was time sensitive. My husband and I were not happy with the way Sheila handled our decision to not move forward because we did not do that as a negotiation tactic. We had made our final decision not to move forward because the deal was no good and Sheila said that none of the fees were optional. When we received another email from Sheila that mortgages are always negotiable, our minds were just blown because we thought that coming from such a great recommendation, Sheila would've given us the best deal possible upfront.

Another thing that Sheila did that we did not like was the fact that she used two different email addresses with us and when we asked her questions and sent it to the most recent email address she used, she did not respond for a few days and when we followed up with her assistant, her assistant was unable to answer our questions. Then Sheila said that she does not check that email often, so to use her other email address. Why would she use the other email address if she didn't check it often? It seemed to us like she was playing games.

After we decided not to move forward with the refinance, we thought that we were done with WJ Bradley. Apparently not. We got a letter on Dec. 10, 2014 from our insurance company that they had changed our Mortgagee Information on our Homeowners Insurance to WJ Bradley before we were even officially approved for the loan! Also, the ONLY reason I decided to write this review is because yesterday (Jan. 10, 2015), we received a letter in the mail from WJ Bradley saying that THEY had declined our application even though WE were the ones who had decided not to move forward. I don't know if this is for their own stats or what, but we just wanted to set the record straight that WE were the ones who backed out and they were obviously confident enough in our case that they had already changed our Mortgagee Info on our Homeowners Insurance without even telling us or getting our approval.

I am extremely unhappy with the way the entire process went, and I would not recommend Sheila Ledesma / WJ Bradley in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wj Bradley Loan.

Wj Bradley - Screwed again!!

1.2
Interest Rate

Once again WJBradley has put the screws in me. My initial loan was a nightmare then they miscalculated and lowered my payment after 3 months which now has me owing taxes.

To top it off they know I'm refinancing to get away from them, they even sent payoff demand to new company and promised my taxes would be paid Dec 10, they did it Nov 13 now leaving my escrow in the negative jeopardizing my refinance. This is their sick twisted way of forcing me to stay! I called customer service and the rep who identified himself as Daniel was so rude and combative with me and my new lender to be on the phone.

I have 5 days to get this issue resolved so I can close my new loan. I'm praying this heartless company will reverse the tax payment which right now they are adamantly refusing to do or for once own up to their lies, mistakes and incompetence and credit back my account the shortage.